Saturday, May 4, 2013

While I'm Waiting

We were driving down the road yesterday and the song While I'm Waiting by John Waller came on the radio.  Most people are waiting for something, but this song hits me personally with regards to the seemingly eternal wait to meet your child while waiting on all the red tape of international adoption. 

Me:  Oh, #4.  I like this song.  When we were waiting to come and get you, it always reminded me not to be impatient and just wait on God's time.

#4:  Why you not want to wait?

Me: I wanted to come get you right away, but we had to wait for America to say yes and then China to say yes.  I had to be very patient.

#4:  I wait too.  While I waiting, I wonder which mom I gonna get.

Me:  What kind of mom were you hoping for?

#4:  I hope she a nice mom.  And I hope she have a dog.  And I hope she get me a nice comfortable bed to sleep in.

Me:  Well, you got a dog.  And you got a nice bed.  Did you get a nice mom?

#4:  (with a giggle and a smile) Yes...

Boy, these treasures sure were worth the wait!

 


1 comment:

  1. I read this four times because it is soooo sweet...and so YOU!

    ReplyDelete