Monday, July 29, 2013

Baptism!

 

We've been talking about our family's faith since the day we met Little Weed #4.  He was very interested from the start and has asked enough deeply theological questions that I sometimes feel like a stint in the seminary would be very helpful to me in answering those inquiries.  Around Easter, he really began to internalize what it meant to us that Jesus died on the cross for us and that eternal salvation was a big benefit of a relationship with our Savior.  Shortly thereafter, he asked if he could be baptized.  Not only that, but he really wanted to be baptized like Jesus was- "outside and under the water."  (He would have also preferred that John the Baptist do the deed, but I told him since John was currently unavailable, he'd have to settle for his dad.)

To make a somewhat lengthy story much shorter, we decided that it would work well for most involved to celebrate the baptism the weekend after the mission trip when the kids and I were all at my family's house.  Stick's mom could easily drive up for the event, and Fairy Godmother might be able to make the two day drive as well.  As Fairy Godmother discussed the possibility with her husband, The Godfather, Big Boy Cousin piped up and asked if he could be baptized as well.  Awesome! It became a baptism bash!

 
The moms and kids all met up on Friday, and Sticks and The Godfather flew in that night.  My mom worked her tail off to help out with details like baptism certificates and breakfast casseroles, not to mention locating an outdoor site that would allow us to just traipse onto their property and dunk a couple of kids!  It all went off without a hitch on Saturday morning, and #4 now says, "I have God in my heart, and I'm part of God's family."

I'd post pictures, but why do that when you can link to a video montage?!?  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxL4xzvbkpI&feature=youtu.be

 

1 comment: