Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ziplining with Ziggity

I can't wait to tell you about the adventure I had on my date with my oldest!  It was such a treat to share something that I thought was legitimately fun with my son.  Ziggity has always been a fun-loving kid, but now that he has grown into a fun-loving young man, it's truly a delight to hang out with him.  I never thought I would enjoy this stage of motherhood, but I've been so pleasantly surprised by what a joy a teenager can be.
 

The date I had planned for him was a morning of climbing, swinging, and balancing at a high ropes course!  Ziggity is a cautious guy by nature, but has always liked to gently test his physical limits.  I remember when he was about three, I watched him climb a spiral ladder at a local park.  He climbed about 4 feet off the ground, froze, and climbed back down.  He stood and stared at that ladder before trying again, this time making it about 6 feet up.  It wasn't until about 10 minutes later (with me standing at the bottom of the ladder) that he cautiously make the climb the full eight feet to the platform above.  He's not much of a risk-taker, but he likes a challenge.  I hoped he would like this one too. Enjoy the pics!

Training complete.  Ready for some action!
Moving right along...


What Sticks has called "The Tunnel of Death"




What a guy...


Love this pic - zipping over traffic was pretty cool!
This is totally up Mom's alley!


Just to prove I was there... although pretty well camouflaged in the trees!


Favorite part: Tarzan rope swing into the net.

 


Just hangin' out.


We did it!
We had a celebratory lunch at Ziggity's favorite restaurant and headed home for a shower.  It was a great morning of making memories for this mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment