Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Best Brother"


 

My heart is overflowing with joy as I watch the sibling relationship develop between Sweet One and Little Weed #4.  Sweet One is a nurturer, so I knew she'd be all about taking care of our new addition, but #4 is a strong personality with plenty of ideas of his own too.  We had our initial challenges with some sibling rivalry, but that is subsiding nicely, and these two are growing into the best of friends.  They are encouraging to one another and eagerly share their excitement with one another over small discoveries and successes.  They play for hours upon hours together, building and creating and drawing and pretending.  They could even be seen pushing his and hers strollers around the driveway while they played "Baba and Mama."  #4 is an awesome Baba and is careful with and kind to his baby. 

Sweet One usually gets to play with her dear neighbor friend in the late afternoons.  We were busy with several appointments and activities this week and didn't get to play for four days straight.  By Friday, Sweet One was chomping at the bit for some girl time.  She ran over to see if Dear Friend could play.  It turned out that Dear Friend was unavailable because out of town guests were only minutes from arriving.  Sweet One returned to say, "I'm pretty disappointed.  But at least if I can't play with my best friend, I can play with my best brother.  And that will be fun."  And off they went to race their strollers down the driveway.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment