Little Weed #4 calls my name hundreds of times a day. And he doesn't do it quietly. There is almost always a sense of urgency to the beckoning and either excitement or demand in the tone. In some ways, I love that he wants to connect so frequently, but it can get a little draining.
I was outside catching up with a neighbor the other day while #4 was playing in the yard. In the course of the short conversation, he yelled over, "Mama!" quite a few times. At one point, I must have sighed before responding. My neighbor commented, "He calls you a lot, but remember he is making up for lost time. How many times has he needed to yell, 'Mama,' but had no one to hear?"
Wow.
Since then, I have treasured every single, "Mama!" I've been given. I'm just trying to teach him to do it just a little more quietly. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment