Monday, July 23, 2012

Give me a "T..." Give me an "A..."

The big news that prompted this whole aforementioned Leap into the blog-o-sphere was that we received travel approval today for our littlest weed.  Little Weed #4 (who shall be known by this name until his father dubs him with his own personal goofy nickname) will join our family in just a few short weeks.  Here’s how it went down…
I was busily working on several different things at once, including tidying my kitchen, nibbling on a piece of bread smothered with Nutella, and updating my to-do list.  I thought I’d better just shoot off a quick email regarding an upcoming playdate for The Sweet One and swung by the computer on the way to drop off a stack of books on the stairs for later delivery to the bookworm’s room.  The books never even made it to the stairs, because when I opened my inbox, I saw an email from our adoption agency.  Since we suspected travel approval (TA) might be imminent, I drew a quick breath and opened the email. 
“Congratulations!   Your travel approval has been received.”  I danced a little snoopy dance, shed a tear or two, and then realized that it was a very rare moment when no one else was in the house with me!  I do enjoy a little solitude, but not when I want to jump for joy with somebody.  I texted dear hubby, called my mom (who didn’t hear her phone), and then quickly opted to resort to Facebook.  Nothing like forcing others to celebrate with you through a series of “likes.”  My dear FB friends  played along, I did feel like I got to share the joy,  even if it wasn’t exactly in person. 
Soon after, I got on the phone with our agency and discussed possible consulate appointment dates to request.  The consulate appointment is needed to complete the process of providing Little Weed #4 with a visa  to enter the US as well as citizenship upon landing on US soil.  Once that is complete and visa is in hand, we are free to head home!  Once that appointment is set, the rest of the trip can be planned, end to beginning.  We should know tomorrow what date we should be leaving.  Yikes. 
Now I must get off the computer and be productive.  I’ve got a to-do list several pages long!

No comments:

Post a Comment