Sunday, June 9, 2013

Easter! (A belated review...)

 

I absolutely love Easter.  It is, by far, my favorite holiday.  It is all about new beginnings, new life, salvation, and grace.  It was extra-special this year because we were sharing it with Little Weed #4 for the very first time.  Despite the fact that the events leading up to Easter were judged to be extremely gruesome (as we walked into church on Good Friday, he looked at the screen where a photo of a crucified Christ was displayed, and said, "I do not want to sit here and learn to kill somebody!"), #4 was pretty excited about celebrating the risen Savior.  He was even more thrilled to learn that yummy food and an Easter egg hunt accompanied the holiday.

Each kid hunted for a specific color of egg hidden throughout the house. It got pretty tricky at times...
 



The Easter bunny also had help from Sticks this year, who was in charge of hiding for the Easter egg hunt king, Ziggity.  Things got a little tricky (and out-of-reach) at times...

 
Dr. Jiggles proved to be the master finder this year, which is why I have no photos of him.  He found them all too fast!  I guess the Easter bunny's helper will be hiding eggs for two next year.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment