Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Final Countdown

It is finished.



The monumental task of packing for a family of six visiting three cities in 14 days AND being able to access whatever might be needed at a moment's notice is complete. Everyone has one suitcase and one backpack to manage. I've managed to pack an entire pharmacy as well as enough snack food to last into the next year, and I am proud of myself!

Sticks is confident that I have forgotten something of vital importance, namely clothing for him since that is not easily found in a country of slender-and-under-six-feet-tall people. We know. We tried it one day on the last trip when we had to send ALL our clothing out to be washed at the same time. Sticks visited the hotel gift shop looking for something to wear and returned with something claiming to be a large t-shirt but resembling a tight crop top on him. Funny memories, but not something he cares to repeat.

I'm pretty sure I have him and everyone else covered. I was even able to creat a security badge for each of the kids stating why they are in China and that they speak only English, so if found lost to please call our guide's phone. I hope they aren't needed, but they turned out pretty nicely thanks to my friend, Alice, and her stellar Mandarin skills. Thanks, Alice!

Exhausted, but thrilled that we are ready with a few days to spare.

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels! We are so looking forward to meeting Samuel.
    With lots of love & anticipation,
    Jenn, Jeff, Maddy & Jacky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the rock star of organization. With days to spare, while quilting?! Really? I am completely impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete