Monday, August 13, 2012

Waiting for the grief...

I'm waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. I'm holding my breath because I know it will be tough. I thought we'd see it at bedtime, a common time for fear and grief to rear their ugly heads, but bedtime was full of smiles and contentedness. I know it will come. It must. It is part of the process.

I'm actually just a little worried that it hasn't. Everything I've read and discussed with those who know about these things say that is not "normal" to so readily accept a new parent. Will he securely attach to us? Is he really that easy-going? Does he truly understand the reality of his situation?

Today may help answer some of these questions. We will be visiting the orphanage. He will be able to show us where he lived and played. He will have that one last goodbye. And then we will leave. All of us. I'm praying for his heart.

4 comments:

  1. God has Samuel's little heart resting safely in the palm of His hand. If and when it breaks, God will mend it with tender-loving care. May His peace cover all of you in these fragile moments.

    Love,
    G'ma J

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'ma J said it perfectly. Thanks for your faithfulness in this matter, Diane, I too feel that this is now more in God's hands than in yours and it's good that you are prepared but think of the new family, new home and then new family in God's great eternal family... such joy that this child exudes and for such good reasons. Bet Lia is just the perfect sister to the little Weed. Samuel knows he is in good hands. Little does he know Whose hands he is really in. Love you all. MOM/Grandma W

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful and heart warming it's all going to be just fine! Hugs to you all and I will continue to ask God to be near you all in this fragile time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia's grief really didn't come until after we were home so it may take a while. This is a wonderful honeymoon time...enjoy every minute of it. How could he not embrace all the loving and fun people around him? He knows this will be a good thing. The grief will come and the Lord will equip you to handle it. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete